Winch Mount Bumper - Mean Mother Winch - Van Beest Shackle Combination for all Toyota Tacoma Models 2016+.
THIS is the hot ticket for your 2016+ Tacoma. The Mean Mother winch makes this install easy as it comes with the correct bracket to mount your control box on the motor side of the winch. Mean Mother, in our humble opinion, is the best bang for your buck if you want a high quality winch at a great price!
Everything you need to install a winch, one of our bumpers and two shackles on your Tacoma all at a discounted price.
Shipping is included in the price via FedEx Ground to the lower 48 states! Please read this if you reside outside of the USA.
What is included? (Visit the Related Products tab or links below for specific product information and documentation)
1. Our Tacoma winch mount.
2. Mean Mother Edge 9500 lb or 12,000 lb recovery winch with synthetic rope and wireless remote.
3. Van Beest 3/4" shackles x 2. (They come silver with green pins but you can choose to have them powder coated to match your bumper above)
- Select Bare Steel or black or silver powder coating for your winch mount.
- We send this winch mount with our new Big Mouth hawse, By default it is coated with a special Teflon infused black powder but you can choose silver as well.
- Winch solenoid/contactor control box remote mount bracket. This will enable you to mount most any box to the side of the winch and within our winch tub. These come bare steel but can be powder coated black as an option. You really do NOT need this as the Mean Mother winches come with various mounting brackets and can mount the box on the motor (passenger) side of the winch.
- License plate mounting bracket for states that require a front license plate. Can option in silver or black powder coat as well.
We offer powder coating in black and silver in a very durable textured powder coat and can do custom colors for an additional fee. Please keep in mind that even though we go to great lengths to protect the coating we are not responsible for shipping damage to any coatings. Expect a 5-7 business day delay in shipping if you want your bumper coated. Read this article for more information.
PLEASE READ THE FAQ AT THE TAB ABOVE AND THE ARTICLES BELOW. INSTALL DOCS ARE LOCATED IN THE DOCUMENTATION TAB ABOVE.
Winch mount bumper: 62.00 lbs
Does the winch mount come with winch, fairlead, lights or shackles?
It comes with our Big Mouth hawse to provide better rope clearance. It does not come with a winch, shackles or lights, we have combination kits that offer these options.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Does the winch mount come with winch, fairlead or shackles?
No it does not. Bare steel winch mount tub, skid plate, Big Mouth Hawse and necessary hardware. You have options for a winch control box relocation bracket and a license plate bracket if required.
- Do you offer combination kits with discounts?
Why yes we do! Look for them in the category of your vehicle below this product listing. These money and time saving kits come with a winch mount, winch and shackles with options for lights and thimbles. They ship free to the lower 48 states via FedEx Ground.
- Do you ship outside of the United States? If so, how much is shipping?
Yes, we ship Internationally and have done so to Europe, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Russia, Middle East, well, pretty much every continent, including Antarctica!. It can be expensive as we are shipping a 60+ lb chunk of steel but we are able to ship this in custom made double wall boxes which makes shipping much less expensive than other bumpers.
However, we DO have the ability to obtain special pricing from FedEx on a case by case basis. For example, we have shipped to the Middle East for as little as $200-250, Australia for $275-325.
- How much does it cost to ship domestically?
We ship via FedEx Ground here in the 48 states. Add the product to your cart then go to your cart, there you will be given an opportunity to receive a shipping quote based on your address. Typical costs are $30-40 in the central part of the country and $45-60 to each coast. Please visit our shipping page for more information.
- What winches fit this mount?
Just about any winch will work. Read this technical article in our blog for a more in depth answer. The mount uses a standard 10" x 4.5" bolt pattern so any winch will fit and there is plenty of room in the mount itself.
We suggest a winch with a relocatable solenoid box or a winch of your choice that shares the same basic design with a remote solenoid/control box, this way you can locate the box wherever you want it.
You MUST mount the control box over the motor side of the winch or use our relocation bracket which will mount it in the same area if your winch does not give you that option.
Consider our Combo Kits, they are tried and true!
- What winch rating do you suggest for this application?
That is a big question. Unless you drive an FJ40 or a CJ/TJ you better go with 9000 lbs or larger. Most of what we sell in our combo kits are 9500/10000 to 12000 lb winches. Read this article for a more in depth discussion of winch ratings and overall selection: https://www.usoffroad.us/winch-selection/
- Does the front end need to be lifted after installing this mount and a winch?
Short answer is maybe. Typically you will see a 3/8" to 1/2" drop by adding the mount (57lbs) and a winch (75-90lbs). This is still a much lighter alternative to a full bumper replacement (75-150lbs without a winch!). In our testing we noticed no difference in how a Tacoma drove after installation on a stock vehicle. Having said that, because most vehicles come from the factory with some rake (front lower than rear) it wouldn't hurt to lift it a bit to level things out. Read this article about using the Bilstein adjustable shocks to achieve a more level stance and much better ride vs stock for a reasonable price.
- How hard is it to install?
Not really hard at all. It takes more time to prep and paint/coat the mount than it does to install (we suggest our optional powder coat). Figure 3 - 6 hours depending on the equipment you are installing (just the winch mount, winch, lights, etc?) your abilities and how big of a hurry you are in. You can read the install docs (Documentation Tab above).
- Will this work with suspension and body lifts?
Our bumpers work fine with any suspension lifts but will NOT work with body lifts as our bumper needs to line up with the bodywork but attaches to the frame. A body lift moves the bodywork in relationship to the frame.
No posts found