Installed this on my 08 TT back in late April and it made great power with my TRD supercharger. However, it seems to be pretty well established that the programming with the TRD supercharger doesn't like the TRD CAI... yeah, makes no sense to me either but that's how it is.
Ran great but had some throttle issues under a load (trailers) on the highway. I installed the AFE based on advice from URD and that alleviated the issue.
This will work beautifully with a non supercharged engine. I have maybe 1000 miles on it and is in perfect condition but will obviously need the intake tube replaced which is $30 here: https://toyotaparts.mcgeorgetoyota.com/oem-parts/toyota-sr-ptr0335090ab You have to shorten the tube 3/4 to 1" to work with the supercharger as it relocates the throttle body to the passenger side a bit. Hey, you may be able to get it to work as is, the boot has quite a bit of stretch in it and the coupler has some more length to be used, I'd try it before buying another.
I can't find a lower price on the CAI right now than right here at $365 plus $40-50 shipping: https://toyotaparts.mcgeorgetoyota.com/oem-parts/toyota-trd-cold-air-intake-ptr0335090
So, how about $300 and I'll pay shipping to the lower 48 states via insured FedEx? You will have $330 in one after buying a new tube.
- Dyno-tested to deliver an increase in both horsepower and torque for superior acceleration and power.
- Optimized airflow to engine intake can increase fuel efficiency.
- Features reusable high-flow, low restriction conical air filter that can be cleaned and reused for the life of the vehicle.
- Incorporates a vacuum indicator that monitors filter efficiency and indicates when filter service is required.
- Emission-legal1 in all 50 states.
- 1Emission-legal for aftermarket sale via C.A.R.B Executive Order. This part may not be sold with a new vehicle and may not be financed together with a new vehicle.
This Part Fits
No specifications listed.